Friday, February 27, 2015

Bridal Shower 101 - Bridal Shower Games


Bridal shower games have become a dreaded topic because most people have been to at least a handful of bridal showers in the past and they have likely played the same games over and over again! If you choose to play a bridal shower game at your event, we have some ideas that are tailored to the couple, and hence much more fun! 
Here’s our list of bridal shower games your guests will actually love:

1.    “He Said, She Said” – This bridal shower game is a hit! I used it at my own bridal shower and my guests loved it! The game lists a variety of different statements, such as “I’ve always wanted to have 2 kids.” Your guests then have to choose whether the bride or groom said that. This game is sure to involve both your side of the family and his!
- My Suggestion: When choosing this game for your event, sit down with your fiancé and think through things that are truly unique to you as a couple. While a few of the “My favorite color is…” and “My favorite food is…” are good, use this game as an opportunity to teach your guests something about you as a couple.

2. “The Nearly-Weds” – This bridal shower game is a twist on the popular, The Newlywed Game. Task your bridesmaids with coming up with a list of questions to ask the bride and groom and see if they can match their answers at the wedding shower. Be sure to keep the questions light and fun! You don’t want to start any fights between the nearly-weds! Since the groom won’t be in attendance at the bridal shower, send your bridesmaids to interview the groom beforehand to retrieve his answers.
- My Suggestion: Keep the questions to a minimum – maybe a total of six. You don’t want the game to drag on and take up time that your bride could be interacting with her guests! Also, have one of your bridesmaids tape your session asking the groom the questions and record his answers. Then, if your venue has the capability, play the video footage of his answers during the bridal shower for a more personal feel!

3. “Guess Who” – This game is similar to “He Said, She Said”, but tends to focus more on events that happened in the couple’s relationship. For example, “I said “I love you” first!” or “I knew from the moment I saw his/her face that we would get married.”           

- My Suggestion: Work with your fiancé to pick at least 8 ideas about your relationship. Be sure to throw in a few curveballs too that will get your guests confused! It’s always fun to see their reactions! :)


                                                                  

The He Said, She Said and Guess Who bridal shower games described here are available for digital download or printed on cardstock paper from our Etsy shop. 


xo Bling, Sparkles, Oh My!

1 comment:

  1. This is very useful information on bridal shower games. Last month, I arranged my best friend’s wedding reception at one of finest wedding venues Chicago. Invited all our friends and had amazing fun at this party with all of them.

    ReplyDelete